Friday, November 17, 2006

Reflection 1 (11/14)

Our first AWE class was very interesting. I know blogging and other forms of technology are very prevalent in the lives of my students, but some of the facts that we learned are astounding. Over 70,000 new blogs and web posts a day. The fastest growing age group on the Internet is 2-5 year olds. 97% of students believe that tech use is important in education. That's huge!

I am not that much older than my students and I do have a lot of this technology. I have email, a blog, and 2 IM screen names. I have Facebook and MySpace accounts. I send text messages. The only thing I don't have is an i-pod. But my dabbling in all these forms of communication are really minor when compared to my students' usage. I am interested to find out just how much time, effort, and money my students put into all their tech toys and communications.

I think this class is going to be really fun and interesting. I still have no idea on how I can integrate this technology into my classes, but I'm really looking forward to learning how it can be done. I would love to give my students who don't have access to some of this technology the opportunity to learn how to use it. I would also like to make class more enjoyable for all my students. I figure if they love to use all this technology at home, they'll probably like to use it at school.

1 comment:

Joe said...

Hey Beth. Nice set up you got here. :) Thanks again for your help getting mine set up. I hope you don't mind, but I linked your site to mine.
Joe